Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy to be Home

Yesterday was the first day in seven years that I have returned home, knowing that no academic calendar would take me away in a few days, weeks or even months. 

Andy invited me to go fishing, but I decided to spend the day with my parents at our new farm on the Eastern Shore.  (Mostly because I was tired and knew my parents couldn't leave before noon at the earliest and with the royal wedding on Friday morning and driving home on Saturday morning, I was super stressed and totally exhausted.)  But I took some pictures!


Don't you just love springtime?  I love all the wildflowers. 


I definitely fancy myself a bit of a wildlife photographer, with a specialization in labrador retrievers.  Doesn't Emerson look pretty with yellow flowers around him? 









Everything here is so green!  In WV, it's still not QUITE spring and everything is awfully brown.  But back home, everything is so many different dappled shades of green! 






I don't have much to say, because, let's face it, life is pretty slow at the moment.  I'm just trying to take some time to savor being finished with finals and waiting for law school to really feel like its over--right now, it feels a little surreal and more than a little anticlimactic.  Once my BarBri shipment gets here and I have to start studying for the bar exam, I will get a much-needed jolt back to reality!

It's so hard to believe I'm home for good, and that so many good things are about to happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment