Friday, May 20, 2011

BarBri Soothes My Soul

I've started preparing for the bar now (which is part of the reason for my extended absence from the world of blogging) and, at first, it was not a pretty sight.  In my first round of multiple choice questions designed to prepare me for the MBE, I missed more questions than I am comfortable admitting and I started to get a cool, heavy, settled expectation of dread in my stomach.  But, I decided, at least I have several months left before the exam, so I must plow on.  After all, I already knew I wasn't naturally the smartest law person--therefore, I have to work that much harder.  Which is fine, it really is.  I'm not sure whether it's even better to be the naturally smart person or whether it is truly more advantageous to be like me--extremely hard working and terrified of failure.  I definitely have powerful motivation.

My actual class starts on Tuesday and, I have to say, I'm kind of excited about it.  Except that I have to take it at a different school where I'm reasonably sure I will know no one.  But maybe that's better.  I am a naturally social creature and, if I have the opportunity to be social, it would be extremely hard for me to just focus on what I need to do.  So, maybe friends = bad, at least for now. 

The more I practice on my bar review, the better I get.  Yes, already I can see a marked difference from where I was at the beginning.  And that soothes me.  If I'm already better, then I will continue to get better the more I drill this stuff into my head.  So far, I'm only doing the first year subjects--torts, con law, criminal law, contracts, property, and evidence.  But it will get even bigger and more expansive and I say bring it on.  I feel reasonably sure that, if I follow the set BarBri program, I will come out ahead, which is good because I have a pretty sweet job to start, come August. 


Please, August, hurry up.

No comments:

Post a Comment